EM-980 Torque Monitor
Kaps-All Packaging Systems - Model EM-980 Automatic Machine Torque Monitor
Unparalleled Accuracy and Efficiency
The Model EM-980 Automatic Machine Torque Monitor from Kaps-All Packaging Systems is an industry-leading device, engineered to deliver precise and reliable measurements of application torque to containers as they pass through a Kaps-All Capping Machine. This Inline Automatic Torque Monitor combines compact design, advanced features, and unmatched performance to ensure optimal cap tightness, contributing to the overall packaging quality.
Unique Features for Improved Functionality
This model features a portable and compact design, measuring only 12 inches wide x 5 inches deep x 7-3/4 inches high, and weighing only 14 lbs. It is housed in a one-piece stainless steel rugged enclosure, making it suitable for direct mounting on top of a Kaps-All Capper without consuming additional conveyor space.
The EM-980 is designed for versatility, capable of handling all styles, materials, types, shapes, and sizes of closures, including child-resistant and tamper-evident caps. It monitors an application torque range from 0-100 lb-in, and displays results directly on an easy-to-read LCD screen in 1/10 increments. To assist in operation, it comes equipped with audible and visual (LED) indicators.
Ease of use is paramount in the design of the EM-980. It features a Lexan panel for easy cleaning and a display torque that stays on the screen for easy viewing until the next test is performed. To enhance operator usability, it is built with a mini-computer that provides a standard statistical analysis package. This allows the operator to display test results on an integral screen, eliminating the need for additional computers and printers.
This Model includes a sophisticated RS-232 communications link, providing seamless interfacing with a computer or printer. It also incorporates a standard statistical analysis that can be displayed on a two-line integral screen, providing useful metrics such as lot number, sample size tested, units selected, minimum torque, maximum torque, average torque, standard deviation of all tests performed, upper and lower acceptable torque limit, target torque limit desired, and the number of bottles over and under range.
Three indicator lights are provided for rapid visual aid to read test results, and the unit constantly displays the bottles per minute (BPM) rate of the capper.
Optional Features for Enhanced Performance
The Model EM-980 Torque Meter can be enhanced with optional features for specific applications. These include a calibration kit for in-house calibration, a Dot Matrix Impact Printer with an RS-232 interface, an audible alarm, and blue flashing light to indicate low torque, a custom reject system complete with pneumatically operated push paddle, a stainless steel mounting bracket, and a reject table with a stainless steel construction.
Optimal for Quality Control
The Model EM-980 Automatic Machine Torque Monitor is the ideal solution for quality control applications. It helps you ensure your products are capped at the right torque every time, reducing the chance of product spoilage or loss due to incorrect capping. It's also excellent for providing the necessary data to demonstrate compliance with quality control regulations.
Electrical and Air Requirements
The EM-980 can operate with either 110V or 220V electric, depending on the machine to which it is attached. Additionally, it doesn't require any additional air, making it even more convenient for use.
At Kaps-All Packaging Systems, we're committed to providing industry-leading solutions to meet your packaging needs. The Model EM-980 Automatic Machine Torque Monitor is a testament to our dedication to quality, efficiency, and reliability.
THE MODEL “EM-980” IN-LINE TORQUE TESTER COMES EQUIPPED WITH THE FOLLOWING STANDARD FEATURES AT NO CHARGE:
- Measures the final application torque of screw caps and closures as they are being applied onto their containers.
- Portable and compact measures only 12 inches wide x 5 inches deep x 7-3/4 inches high.
- Torque is read on LCD digital screen in 1/10 increments.
- One piece stainless steel rugged enclosure suitable for mounting directly on top of Kaps-All Capper.
- Lexan panel for easy to use and cleaning.
- Display torque is held on screen for easy viewing until next test if performed.
- Model EM-980 monitors an application torque range from 0-100 lb-in and displays directly in lb-in, n-m, etc.
- Handles all styles, materials, types, shapes and sizes of closures, including child resistant and tamper evident.
- Audible and visual (LED) indicators to assist in ease of operation.
- Operates with 110V, 1 Phase, 60 HZ (50 HZ) or 220V, 1 Phase, 60 Hertz (50 Hertz).
- Certificate of traceability to the National Bureau of standards available upon request.
- Built in mini-computer with standard statistical analysis packaging allows operator to display test results on integral screen without the need for additional complete and printers (printer comes standard with this unit).
- RS-232 communications link interfaces Torque tester to a computer or printer.
- Standard statistical analysis, which can be displayed on two line integral screen, includes:
A. Lot number (set by operator) G. Standard deviation of all tests performed
B. Sample size tested H. Upper acceptable torque limit
C. Units selected I. Target torque limit desired
D. Minimum torque of all tests performed J. Lower acceptable torque limit
E. Maximum torque of all tests performed K. Number of bottles over range
F. Average torque of all tests performed L. Number of bottles under range
- Three indicator lights provided for a rapid visual aid to read test results.
Unit constantly displays the bottles per minute (BPM) rate of the capper.
• Quality Control
-110v or 220V Electric (dependant on Machine to which it is attached).
- No Additional Air needed
- Base Machine Weight: 14lbs
- Measures only 10-1/2" wide x 10-3/4" deep x 7-3/4"high
- Takes NO Additional Conveyor Space